Made a Cheese pizza using a recipe/formula using the Nait (Northern Alberta Institute of Technology) baking formula book. Super easy to make. amazing flavor and great texture.
This cheese pizza is a bit different though on how its made. it has a overnight Biga preferment in it, to find out more on what a preferment is, go too http://www.kingarthurflour.com/professional/preferments.html
Here is the formula in weight
- -All purpose flour 175g
- -Water 122g -salt 4g
- -fresh yeast is 3g (if you do not have it. multiply 3x 0.4. that will give you fresh yeast too dry yeast sumstitute. so it will be 1.2g dry yeast
- -Olive oil 11g
- biga preferment 70g
- All purpose flour 44g
- h20 26g
- fresh yeast 1g
This gives you a total weight of 385g.
Steps on how to make this greatness
- gather ingredients
- To make preferment mix ingrediants place into a container that is sealed tight in a room temperature area for minimum 12 hours. not over 16 hours.
- Next day ready to make pizza, get the h20 that is 122g, mix it with the preferment to release it from the container too the mixer
- after the Preferment biga is in the mixer. Dump all other ingredients in mixer
- Mix on first speed for 2-3 minutes. then 4 minutes on 2nd speed or till gluten window
- After the dough is mixed, take out and round the dough too a ball.
- Put in a container, covered in plastic wrap for 1 1/2 hours in room temperature to rest.
- After done resting, take out container, lightly flatten the dough (degass) and then cover with plastic wrap for 20 minutes to rest
- after rest, roll to proper circle size, place any type of sauce you want with any topping. (I did tomato/suracha sauce with cheese)
Bake in oven on 150c or 300F for 20-30 minutes.